What is Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture?
Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture is a painless, non-surgical method of reducing the signs of the aging process. Though Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture can sometimes be referred to as an Acupuncture Facelift, it is more than a cosmetic procedure. It is a rejuvenation and revitalization process designed to help the whole body look and feel younger. The Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture treatment is based on the principles of Oriental Medicine and involves the insertion of hair-thin needles into particular areas of the face, ears, neck, hands, trunk, and legs along channels or meridians. Thus, practitioners of Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture know how to specifically affect the face while simultaneously treating the underlying factors that contributes to the aging process.
The Mei Zen Plan is a primary and basic foundational plan of 12 Sessions. Your first visit is a Comprehensive Evaluation to determine your overall health needs, to make a Chinese diagnosis, assessment of what is the primary area of care (Face, Neck, Decollete or all areas) followed by your first body balancing Acupuncture treatment.
This sets the stage for the cosmetic series. Thereafter, we then schedule a course of treatments for sessions twice weekly for 6 weeks. As a part of your Mei-Zen Acupuncture system we recommend specific & appropriate skin care products that assist with healing, nutritional supplements and or Chinese Herbs will be recommended for you. The use of our recommended herbs and or wholefood supplements are paramount for your overall health and stated goals for your facial rejuvenation. (Patients who are using skin care products and not getting the results they want will be asked to discontinue their use during their Me-Zen treatment.) We strongly urge patients to discontinue use of products that contain parabens and other harmful ingredients.
All patients will be asked to use our recommended products. For example, we may recommend vitamins that support the skin, stabilize skin membranes, protect against free radical damage and offer glandular support. We also recommend that you do at home specific skin care on a daily basis, such as night cream therapy and bi-weekly skin masques, preferably with our USDA Organic Certified and Ecocert standard recommended products. These products are plant based products made with great care and the highest standards established for cosmetics. These products are specifically designed for use with Mei Zen treatments and are only sold by Mei Zen practitioners.
If you suffer with specific health challenges, they may need to be dealt with first, before commencing Mei-Zen Acupuncture care. In advance of your first visit you will be asked to share your food choices, exercise regime and lifestyle. Corrections to your lifestyle will be made by Dr. Scott on subsequent visits.
This first visit includes a complete assessment of the patient, including a discussion of patient expectations, determination of treatment needs and lab testing if medically necessary, evaluation of diet and lifestyle factors, discussion of patient responsibilities. An computerized Meridian Assessment may be done to determine specifically what the status is of your organ meridians inside your body from an Acupuncture perspective. A follow-up visit will be scheduled to discuss the results of your evaluation along with your treatment plan, and your first treatment. There are specific facial products that are a part of your treatment for which there is an extra charge.
**If additional sessions are required due to the individual needs of the patient, extra charges will be discussed in advance. The length of time of treatment is based upon a combination of factors including: age of the patient, condition of the skin, lifestyle, pulse diagnosis factors, Chinese tongue diagnosis, diet and further evaluation of internal organ and meridian circulation.**
Recommended Cosmetic Chinese Herbal Formulas:
- additional costs and prices apply and vary
- Herbal Formulas will be determined during your initial consultation and during the course of treatment. If recommended, taking them is paramount to the success of the Me-Zen treatment. Please advise Dr. Scott about any and all medications you are taking to make sure the herbs are not contraindicated.
Recommended Cosmetic Facial Products:
- Depending upon the condition of your skin and age facial products will be a vital part of your care. Dr. Scott will recommend that you use either Chinese Herbal Cometic Facial products or facial products that are natural ad nourishing to the skin and associated structures (a Mei Zen Products Order Form will be given.)
- A Complexion Products Chart will be given to match products and skin type, based on an assessment of the client's skin and facial features.
Recommended Cosmetic and Glandular Vitamin Supplementation:
- Based upon completion of your Metabolic Assessment, and/or AcuGraph, Chinese Pulse Diagnosis, Consultation and Initial Examination specific vitamin or glandular supplements will be recommended to help your body to regenerate your skin with healthier cells, stimulates hydration to the skin's external layers and stimulate glandular function where needed.
Additional Packages of Treatment Programs and or Gift Certificates are Available for Discount. With the holidays around the corner Buying a gift certificate for Mei Zen is a great Christmas or Hanukah gift.