Social Media, Terms & Conditions Privacy, E-mail and Anti-spam:
SOCIAL MEDIA and SOCIAL NETWORKING POLICY:
- The following policy regarding the official and non-official/personal use of social media and social networking services and tools. This policy describes the official use of social media and social networking tools in the establishment and use by of a third-party social networking or social media account or service as an official means of communication or public engagement. This policy does not govern the visiting of third-party social media or social networking websites in one's official capacity for research or informational purposes. The types of content and examples of services to which this policy applies include, but are not limited to:
- Media Sharing - Examples: YouTube, Flickr, iTunes • Blogging/Microblogging - Examples: WordPress, Blogger, Twitter
- Social Networking - Examples: Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, Ning
- Document and Data Sharing Repositories - Examples: Scribd, SlideShare, Socrata
- Social Bookmarking - Delicious, Digg, Reddit • Widgets - Examples: Google Maps, AddThis, Facebook "Like" It is critical that social media tools be accessed and used in a responsible manner. As with e-mail and other electronic means of communication, official use of these applications to communicate and engage with the public must be in accordance with all the applicable Federal and state laws. We encourages its employees to use social media tools to communicate their missions and messages with the public when there is a legitimate business case to do so. Staff is encouraged to carefully weigh their options when deciding whether to use social media. Before beginning any social media project, employees must first be granted approval to use social media, social networking, or other web services or tools to directly support or enhance activities being undertaken in an official capacity. Each employee will maintain a log of all official social media uses; this catalog will be periodically reviewed by the doctor It is necessary for the employee to keep track of social media efforts to ensure there is no undue overlap or duplication. Coordination and participation helps ensure that information is, when appropriate, delivered to the public in the context of unified message. Any social networking profiles or social media content not approved may be terminated.
The following principles should be employed when using public-facing social media services in an official capacity within the business
- Do not discuss any information that is not considered public information. The discussion of sensitive, proprietary, or classified information is strictly prohibited.
- Third-party social media Web sites should never be the only place in which the public can view website information.
- When you are representing Pure Acupuncture & Natural Medicine in an official capacity, you responsible for the content you publish on blogs, wikis, social networking Web sites, or other forms of social media. Assume that any content you post may be considered in the public domain, will be available for a long period of time, and can be published or discussed in the media.
- Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Executive Branch. Do not engage in vulgar or abusive language, personal attacks of any kind, or offensive terms targeting individuals or groups.
- Do not endorse commercial products, services, or entities.
- Do not endorse political parties, candidates, or groups. Non-Official/Personal Use of Social Media and Social Networking Employees who use social media and social networking services and tools for strictly personal use outside of the workplace require approval to do so. By exercising discretion and common sense when employing social media for professional or personal purposes, you will help assure that their great potential is fully realized without inadvertently compromising our professional, legal, or ethical standards. Employees should remember that standards of ethical behavior and other ethics policies are applicable.
The following principles should be employed when using social media services in an non-official/personal capacity within DOI.
- Be aware of your employer association in online social networks. If you identify yourself as an employee or have a public facing position for which your employer association is known to the general public, ensure your profile and related content is consistent with how you wish to present yourself a professional.
- When in doubt, stop. Don't post until you're free of doubt. Be certain that your post would be considered protected speech for First Amendment purposes. Also, add a disclaimer to your social networking profile, personal blog, or other online presences that clearly states that the opinions or views expressed are yours alone and do not represent the views of your employer.
- In a publicly accessible forum, do not discuss any employer information that is not already considered public information.
- The discussion of sensitive, proprietary information is strictly prohibited. This rule applies even in circumstances where password or other privacy controls are implemented. Failure to comply may result in disciplinary action. Records Management, Retention, and Archiving When using electronic media, whether it is a blog, a Web site, a wiki, e-mail, or any other type of electronic communication, the regulations that govern proper management and archival of records still apply. Employees, working with the Records Management Officer, determine the most appropriate methods to capture and retain medical records. Information Quality With regard to social media information-dissemination products, you must reasonably ensure suitable information and service quality consistent with the level of importance of the information. You should include a disclaimer when posting content on third-party Web sites that explains that you is only responsible for quality of the information posted and not for the quality of the information posted by other users. Usability of Data Many social media technologies allow users to take data from one Web site and combine it with data from another, commonly referred to as "mashups." Agency public Web sites are required, to the extent practicable and necessary to achieve intended purposes, to provide all data in an open, industry standard format that permits users to aggregate, disaggregate, or otherwise manipulate and analyze the data to meet their needs. Agencies need to ensure that these open industry standard formats are followed to maximize the utility of their data. Privacy Public Web sites are required to conduct privacy assessments if they collect personally identifiable information, post a "Privacy Act Statement" that describes the legal authority for collecting personal data and how the data will be used, to post privacy policies. The Privacy Act of 1974 may also apply to the activities undertaken on social media platforms, and individuals should ensure they are in compliance with all privacy protection requirements. Security Any social media service or application must assess the ramifications of a potential security breach of that service. In order to protect IT resources, applications must not allow the insertion of malicious code through attachments of any kind Ethics Standards and codes of ethical behavior for employees apply to employees' use of social networking and social media tools for both official and personal use. Disclaimer Employer is responsible for satisfying all policy requirements related to content that they provide to a third-party site; however, because they cannot control and are thus not responsible for other content on that site. Employer or employee’s of this office are not responsible for, nor can they control other content on the site on the part of the site which this office does control, as well as on its website.
Employee signature:Sheila L. Scott, AP, MSOM (In lieu of signing) Date: 7-20-14
Dr or company representative signature: Sheila L. Scott, AP, MSOM (In lieu of signing) Date: 7-20-14
TERMS AND CONDITION POLICY:
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: "Client"/”Patient”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. "The Company", “Ourselves”, “We” and "Us", refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing English Law. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Authorized employees within the company on a need to know basis only use any information collected from individual Client’s/Patient’s. We constantly review our systems and data to ensure the best possible service to our Clients/Patients. Law has created specific offenses for unauthorized actions against and we will investigate any such actions with a view to prosecuting and/or taking civil proceedings to recover damages against those responsible if any patients rights or records are violated. Confidentiality Under the Data Protection Act 1998 and HIPAA as such, any information concerning the Client/Patient and their respective Client/Patient Records may not be passed to third parties. Client /Patient records are regarded as confidential and therefore will not be divulged to any third party, other than to insurance companies and or their legal representative and if legally required to do so to the appropriate authorities. Clients/Patients have the right to request copies of any and all Client/Patient Records we keep, on the provision that we are given reasonable notice of such a request. Clients/Patients are requested to retain copies of any literature issued in relation to the provision of our services. Where appropriate, we shall issue Client’s/Patient’s with appropriate written information, handouts or copies of records as part of an agreed contract, for the benefit of both parties. We will not sell, share, or rent your personal information to any third party or use your e-mail address for unsolicited mail. Any emails sent by this Company will only be in connection with the provision of agreed services and products that we offer in an effort to educate our Patients.
Exclusions and Limitations The information on this web site is provided on an "as is" basis. To the fullest extent permuted by law, this Company: excludes all representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents or which is or may be provided by any affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website and/or the Company’s literature; and excludes all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this website. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised this Company of the possibility of such potential loss), damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages. This Company does not however exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. None of your statutory rights as a consumer are affected. Payment Cash or Personal Checks, all major Credit/Debit Cards, Bankers Draft or ACH Transfer are all acceptable methods of payment for any service or product. All goods remain the property of the Company until paid for in full. Returned checks will incur a $35.00 charge to cover banking fees and administrative costs. In an instance of a second Returned check an additional $35.00 will be charged to the responsible party.
THE PATIENT AND ANY OTHER PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYMENT HAS A RIGHT TO REFUSE TO PAY, CANCEL PAYMENT OR ANY OTHER SERVICE, EXAMINATION, OR TREATMENT WHICH IS PERFORMED AS A RESULT OF AND WITHIN 72 HOURS OF RESPONDING TO THE ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE FREE, DISCOUNTED FEE, OR REDUCED FEE SERVICE, EXAMINATION OR TREATMENT.
Minimum 24 hours notice of cancellation required. Notification for instance, in person, via email, mobile phone ‘text message’ and/or fax, or any other means will be accepted Termination of Agreements and Refunds Policy Both the Client/Patient and ourselves have the right to terminate any Services Agreement for any reason, including the ending of services that are already underway. No refunds shall be offered, where a Service is deemed to have begun and is, for all intents and purposes, underway. Any monies that have been paid to us which constitute payment in respect of the provision of unused services, shall be refunded.
Unless otherwise stated, the services featured on this website are only available within the United States. You are solely responsible for evaluating the fitness for a particular purpose of any downloads, programs and text available through this site. Redistribution or republication of any part of this site or its content is prohibited, including such by framing or other similar or any other means, without the express written consent of the Company. The Company does not warrant that the service from this site will be uninterrupted, timely or error free, although it is provided to the best ability. By using this service you thereby indemnify this Company, its employees, agents and affiliates against any loss or damage, in whatever manner, howsoever caused. Links to this website You may not create a link to any page of this website without our prior written consent. If you do create a link to a page of this website you do so at your own risk and the exclusions and limitations set out above will apply to your use of this website by linking to it. Links from this website We do not monitor or review the content of other party’s websites which are linked to from this website. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us and should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or material. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content, of these sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site & to read the privacy statements of these sites. You should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any other site connected to this site or accessed through this site yourself, before disclosing any personal information to them. This Company will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of personal information.
Copyright and other relevant intellectual property rights exists on all text relating to the Company’s services and the full content of this website. This Company’s logo is a registered trademark of this Company in the United States. The brand names and specific services of this Company featured on this web site are trade marked Communication We have several different e-mail addresses for different queries. These, & other contact information, can be found on our Contact Us link on our website or via Company literature or via the Company’s stated telephone, facsimile or mobile telephone numbers. This company is registered in Florida, USA with the Florida Division of Corporations.
FREE SERVICE DISCLAIMER:
Neither party shall be liable to the other for any failure to perform any obligation under any Agreement which is due to an event beyond the control of such party including but not limited to any Act of God, terrorism, war, Political insurgence, insurrection, riot, civil unrest, act of civil or military authority, uprising, earthquake, flood or any other natural or man made eventuality outside of our control, which causes the termination of an agreement or contract entered into, nor which could have been reasonably foreseen. Any Party affected by such event shall forthwith inform the other Party of the same and shall use all reasonable endeavors to comply with the terms and conditions of any Agreement contained herein. Waiver Failure of either Party to insist upon strict performance of any provision of this or any Agreement or the failure of either Party to exercise any right or remedy to which it, he or they are entitled hereunder shall not constitute a waiver thereof and shall not cause a diminution of the obligations under this or any Agreement. No waiver of any of the provisions of this or any Agreement shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be such and signed by both Parties.
The laws of the state of Florida govern these terms and conditions. By accessing this website [and using our services/buying our products] you consent to these terms and conditions and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the US courts in all disputes arising out of such access. If any of these terms are deemed invalid or unenforceable for any reason (including, but not limited to the exclusions and limitations set out above), then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be severed from these terms and the remaining terms will continue to apply. Failure of the Company to enforce any of the provisions set out in these Terms and Conditions and any Agreement, or failure to exercise any option to terminate, shall not be construed as waiver of such provisions and shall not affect the validity of these Terms and Conditions or of any Agreement or any part thereof, or the right thereafter to enforce each and every provision. These Terms and Conditions shall not be amended, modified, varied or supplemented except in writing and signed by duly authorized representatives of the Company.
Notification of Changes:
This site is owned and operated by Pure Acupuncture & Natural Medicine. Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. At Pure Acupuncture & Natural Medicine, we want to make your experience online satisfying and safe. We adhere to and meet all HIPAA requirements for your Privacy. Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
USE OF INFORMATION:
We use any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience in our network of sites, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users. As stated above, we use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters and to enable users to participate in polls, surveys, message boards, and forums. We send out newsletters to subscribers on a regular schedule (depending on the newsletter), and occasionally send out special editions when we think subscribers might be particularly interested in something we are doing. We never shares newsletter mailing lists with any third parties, including advertisers, sponsors or partners. When we use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don't like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you. We track search terms entered in Search function as one of many measures of what interests our users. But we don't track which terms a particular user enters. We create aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for advertisers, sponsors and partners. This allows our advertisers to advertise more effectively, and allows our users to receive advertisements that are pertinent to their needs. Because we don't track the usage patterns of individual users, an advertiser or sponsor will never know that a specific user clicked their ad. We will not disclose any information about any individual user except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
SHARING OF THE INFORMATION:
We use the above-described information to tailor our content to suit your needs and help our patients better understand our audience's demographics. This is essential to keeping our service free. We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
We operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include: • Opting not to register to receive our electronic newsletters. • Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users
You are receiving this email because you either subscribed to made purchases or inquiries about our services. You may unsubscribe at any time, whereupon you’ll no longer receive our content. We deliver useful information aimed at improving your health and to keep you informed as a patient about the practice and the services we offer. We do our very best offer you accurate information allowing you to make your own independent decision to act upon anything we say or offer. We make no warranties and disclaim all liabilities in what we offer.
In the context of electronic messaging, spam refers to unsolicited, bulk or indiscriminate messages, typically sent for a commercial purpose. Dr Sheila L. Scott, AP, MSOM has a zero-tolerance spam policy. Automated spam filtering Dr. Sheila L. Scott's messaging systems automatically scan all incoming email [and other] messages, and filter-out messages that appear to be spam. Problems with spam filtering No message filtering system is 100% accurate, and from time to time legitimate messages will be filtered-out by email systems. If you believe this has happened to a message you have sent, please advise the message recipient by another means. You can reduce the risk of a message being caught by the spam filters by sending the message in plain text (i.e. no HTML), removing any attachments, and ensuring that your messages are scanned for malware before dispatch. User spam Dr. Sheila L. Scott, AP, MSOM provides a facility that enables users to send [email messages / private messages] to others. Users must not use this facility to send unsolicited, bulk or indiscriminate messages, whether or not for a commercial purposes. Full terms and conditions concerning the use of the facility are set out in the “legal pages” of our website at www.PureAcupunctureCare.com.com . Receipt of unwanted messages from Dr. Sheila L. Scott, AP, MSOM that you receive, that may be considered to be spam, please contact Dr. Scott at 407-682-4454 and the matter will be investigated. Changes to this anti-spam policy Dr. Sheila L. Scott may amend this anti-spam policy at any time by publishing a new version on this website. Contact us Should you have any questions about this anti-spam policy, please contact Dr. Sheila L. Scott, AP, MSOM using the details set out here: Dr. Sheila L. Scott, AP, MSOM at 407-682-4454
Want access to members only content? Sign up and create an account.
Dr. Sheila L. Scott treats Orlando and Central Florida residents for: Diabetes, Thyroid conditions, Auto Injuries, Back Pain, Neck Pain, Headaches, Carpal Tunnel, Stomach Conditions, Stress, Insomnia, Numbness, Tingling, Hormone Imbalance, Elevated Cholesterol, Fertility Issues, Sinus and much more. She practices Clinical Nutrition, and Acupuncture in Lake Mary, Florida 32746 & Winter Garden, Florida 34787.