A healthy diet should ideally include all of the vitamins and minerals and other substances your body needs. Unfortunately, sometimes, the foods you eat just don't provide enough of these importan ...View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
55 Ways to Stay Young: An Expanded Tip List
55 Ways to Stay Young : An expanded tip list
1) Exercise. It’s the closest thing we have to an anti-aging pill.
2) Keep your heart healthy. It will help prevent Alzheimer’s disease.
3) Take antioxidants like Vitamin C and bilberry extract to keep the mind sharp.
4) Eat a healthy breakfast. It helps memory.
5) Eat blueberries. It improves your memory and metabolism.
6) Play mind games like crossword puzzles to stimulate brain growth.
7) Women: Take iron to overcome hair loss (see your doctor first).
8) Fight baldness with medications like Rogaine or Propesha.
9) Cover baldness with hair transplants.
10) Have an annual eye exam. It can prevent blindness and complications from glaucoma and macular degeneration.
11) Eat vegetables (broccoli, Brussel sprouts, spinach, kale) to prevent eye diseases.
12) Reduce “crows feet” and “laugh lines” with Botox.
14) Keep iPods and MP-3 players turned down to prevent hearing loss (If someone next to you can hear your music, it's too loud).
15) Wear earplugs to protect the ears from loud noises like leaf blowers, rock concerts, screaming crowds.
16) For existing hearing problems, check into hearing aids.
17) Save your teeth from decay by flossing and having regular dental checkups.
18) Try teeth whitening to take years off of your appearance.
19) Eliminate “laugh lines” with the cosmetic filler Restylane.
20) Tighten facial skin with the “lunchtime” lift, Thermage.
21) The very best way to prevent wrinkles is to keep out of the sun. This helps prevent skin cancer, too.
22) Use sunscreen every day.
23) Detect breast cancer early with self exams and mammograms. It’s the best chance of saving your life.
24) Evaluate your risk factors for heart disease. Know your family history.
25) Get your blood pressure checked.
26) Get your cholesterol checked.
27) Get a baseline EKG.
28) Get married or have a serious relationship. It reduces your risk of illness, accidents, and early death.
29) Have strong social ties, friends. Being happy helps lower your stress level.
30) Plan how you’ll pay for health care in the future.
31) Reduce stress with daily meditation.
32) Achieve feelings of contentment with the ancient art of Qigong.
33) Don’t smoke!
34) Eat apples and onions, they fight heart disease and asthma.
35) Eat tomatoes to help prevent prostate cancer.
36) Consume a minimum of five servings of fruits and vegetables a day.
37) Cut back on red meat, it’s linked to an increased risk of rheumatoid arthritis.
38) Eat fish with Omega 3’s (fatty acids) to reduce cholesterol.
39) Consume a half teaspoon of cinnamon every day to lower bad cholesterol (that’s cinnamon the spice, not cinnamon the bun).
40) Add soybeans to your diet. Experts call them the natural “anti-aging” pill.
41) Replace processed food with whole grains.
42) Maintain a healthy weight. Being overweight can put you at risk for diabetes, heart disease, stroke and some cancers.
43) Read food labels and avoid “hydrogenated” or partially hydrogenated oils.
44) Avoid super-sized servings.
45) Replace pop with water.
46) Try a calorie restrictive diet.
47) Practice safe sex. Singles, know your partners sex history, get tested for STDs and use a condom.
48) Try black cohosh to reduce hot flashes and night sweats.
49) Cool down the symptoms of menopause by wearing layered clothes, also drink ice water.
50) Improve your sex life with romance, good hygiene and paying positive attention to your mate.
51) Get a colonoscopy to detect colon cancer early.
52) Men, get screened for prostate cancer.
53) Women, get Pap smears to detect cervical cancer and STDs early.
54) Protect your back with good posture.
55) Keep your stomach and back muscles strong to avoid back pain.
56) Take calcium and Vitamin D for strong bones.
57) Avoid falls. Seniors walk on even surfaces and in well lit areas.
58) Have a bone density test after the age of 65.
59) Lift weights to be thinner, firmer, stronger and stave off osteoporosis.
60) If you sit all day, get up and move every hour for five minutes.
61) Wear comfortable shoes. High heels can cause hip, knee, and ankle problems.
62) Get 7 to 8 hours of sleep.
63) Avoid consuming stimulants like coffee and chocolate in the afternoon to help you sleep at night.
64) Keep moving. Find an activity you like to do and do it regularly.
65) Have a positive attitude.